Tuesday 10 March 2009

Choices

Tanya, Turaya and I have bronchitis, horrible, Turaya is not too bad, but Tanya is up all night, we now have medication and we hope for a return to sleep, it becomes quite hard to think clearly when you are ill and have had little sleep. I want to think clearly at the moment, as I explained in my last post, we have to start thinking about moving, there are decisions to make, I have decided at the moment though, just to get better, no big decisions right now, but I can't turn my brain off.

One thing that somebody has said to us lately, as we have looked at the odd house, is ' Does it fit into your vision?'

This made Tanya and I stop and ask, 'What is our vision?' Well here are our basics;

More room and rooms. We all feel a bit squashed in at the moment and finding privacy or space to express ourselves, is a problem.
More room to eat together,
More room to play together,
Room to paint,
Room for Tanya to cut hair
A place that people can come to and chill out, without overcrowding,
A place of respite, if someone needs to get their head down for a few days,
Somewhere in Diss, so we are accessible and our children can continue educationally and socially to put down roots,

That is a start anyway, a start I am quite happy with actually.

This has all got me thinking about the nature of choices and how we/I make them. I was reading Acts 1 yesterday and the apostles needed to make their number back up to twelve, so they had two candidates, they prayed, then drew lots. I find this very interesting and this is a line of thought I will be exploring myself over the next few days, personally, probably not on this blog, I am also thinking of the Urim and Thummim, which were used by the priests to make decisions. It just occurs to me, that in the Bible, God was quite clear about decisions made, am I listening and able to see that clarity myself now, or is it, once again, biblically, a time when God withdraws and says, you decide, I want to know your heart?

I am thinking out loud, in written form, I suppose I am sharing how my brain is working right now, I have some reading to do and some resting.

No comments: