Friday 6 March 2009

Lets give it a go

So, I want to write again, here I am, finally with space and a surprisingly clear head and I suppose I can just update a few things.

A couple of weeks ago, we, as a family, went to Canterbury, somebody gave us some free nights in a hotel, we took advantage, although we did end up spending some money, we didn't have, which stressed me out and I did not really relax while we were there, although the cathederal is great, I thoroughly enjoyed that and having some great time as a family, eating and all having to sleep in the same room, also surprisingly stress free. So I got really stressed on the way home, which I hope has actually been a turning point in my moodiness, I do not want to take myself so seriously, we will see, I am trying. I know, that when I was working, I was a grump, I am at home now, I need to act with the freedom I have been given, easier said than done!!!

The week after Canterbury,once again as a family, we visited the boiler room in Thurrock, this was relaxing and great, a real time of family, a time of being welcomed and being made to feel at home, the children got to spend time with their grandparents and they took us out for a meal, the house itself had 2 communal meals, we once again met some new and great people and enjoyed some great time of fellowship, we saw some old friends as well while we were down and really enjoyed that time as well.

One of the biggest things that happened while we were down, was the welcome our oldest son Morgan got from the youth, which was great, this and some other instances over the last couple of weeks has really reinvigorated both Tanya and I with a bigger passion for our own youth, we will see where that goes......

There is a lot going on at the moment, some stuff with the youth, challenges! Some new christian messiness to help with, which I think is inevitable, there was a guy at the boiler room, we were talking to, who was saying that baby Christians are like babies, they pooh everywhere, they need to be weaned and parented, we should not be surprised or get on our high horses.

We need to move again, the house is too small, we don't want to make a mistake and move into the wrong place, we really feel this is a big decision, needs time and prayer, we like to rush in when we see something nice, thinking it has to be right, it is nice after all, we must learn to be patient, wait, weigh things up, we will see.

Consider yourself updated, except I now have a notebook, I am writing things down so I don't forget, it is helping, I am hoping to be a bit more focused, the book is not that important, it just helps at the moment.

No comments: