Saturday 16 October 2010

Good Intentions


I did plan on writing more and slowly share what has been going on lately, obviously I am not yet there with my organiasational skills, I am getting better.


We have now gone down to having 4 children again, the sister in law has spread her wings and moved into her own place. 4 children is still very hectic, teenagers are phenomenally hard work and constantly have me doubting myself as a Dad and questioning how to act in the right way, while the little ones just want the attention, which is just tiring. Today, right now, they are all great and in good places and all is well.

Street Pastors have now come to Diss, the first night out was on the 2nd of this month and was a quiet night. I am very pleased, I felt that God wanted Street Pastors here and now they are here. Lots of positives from the night and lots of things to take on board, we already have a really great relationship with the police, which is a great start.

We have just started leading a small group, which has been different and good and a real learning curve and something I am sure both Tanya and I will grow into more and learn a lot from. We have, at the moment, to look at how we can reach out more, as a group, always a challenge. We will see how that goes.

Tanya has been setting up a prayer room in the new base in town our church has acquired, it is brilliant.

Lastly, on Tuesday, I fly out to the Netherlands to take part in something called 'The Race Of The Classics.' This is a sailing race for young professionals and my company has a team and I am going. I am extremely excited, I will be racing in the vessel above, the Luciana, for 5 days and I have never done anything like this before and am hoping I can relax and enjoy it, it is something I have always wanted to do. God is good.
I am a little worried for Tanya, she will have everything on her own for most of next week, she is brilliant and will undoubtedly handle it all, I suppose I just feel a little guilty, I will find some way of spoiling her.

Consider yourselves updated.

No comments: