Sunday 11 September 2011

Forgiveness

In my time I have wanted to lash out so much, I have done on occasion, there is so much that is not fair, so many that hurt others with no comeback and yet I am called to forgive.

The lord's prayer says ' Forgive me my trespasses and help me to forgive those that trespass against me.' Jesus goes on to say, if you forgive you will be forgiven, in Mark 11, Jesus says again when you stand praying 'forgive.'

More importantly, and in example, as Jesus was dying horribly on the cross, he asked his Father, 'forgive them..' Not 'when', not 'if', just forgive.

As a parent, I have wanted to hurt those that have hurt mine, yet the biggest truth and greatest example of forgiveness comes from God, when he saw his own son tortured, abused and murdered and forgave.

So hard, yet true, difficult, but the example has been set, and ultimately, beyond that forgiveness, beyond vengance and bitterness, anger and pain, lies freedom and life

.

No comments: