Tuesday 6 September 2011

The Pursuit Of......

Life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness is one of the most famous phrases from the U.S. declaration of independence, I like the idea of pursuit, to chase after something, to try to attain, it involves an effort, although it does not mean that the thing pursued is attained.

I am involved in an accountability group, based on a model from the Organic Church book by Neil Cole, in it there is a question, am I pursuing freedom from strongholds/patterns of behaviour?

I am challenged by this, it involves making choices and decisions which lead me into freedom and yet it encourages me in its pursuit, rather than its goal. I mess up, sometimes I really don't get it, but I am willing to chase, to keep running the race and keep pursuing.

Paul said in Philippians 3:12

'Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus.'

I intend to keep following

1 comment:

Beth said...

Hiya from Belize. I just want to encourage you to keep following! God is not threatened by questions, I am learning and the more you ask the more you learn!