Friday 28 September 2007

How to help

I was driving home from work on Tuesday night, at the junction of the M25 and the A13, probably one of the busiest places to be at rush hour, there was a group of asian blokes trying to flag down traffic, so I stopped.

One of the guys came up to my car window, he said he needed money for 2 babies who were hungry, I didn't have any money, I asked if there was anything else I could do, he said he wanted 10 pounds, I repeated I did not have any money on me, could I help in any other way, he walked off. I drove home.

I don't know if these guys were legit, or if I could have done more, the feeling I had afterwards was that I wasn't very prepared to help. I don't know if I'm making myself very clear, I wanted to help, I stopped, felt compelled to stop, if I had had any money, I would have given it, legit blokes or not. I suppose I just felt very frustrated that I didn't help, and I don't know how to prepare myself to be available, to be open to others more, to help.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not beating myself up, I'm just working through some things right now, about being more proactive, really living Jesus, there is no point just talking the talk, it has to be real, it has to be living, Jesus is the life, then I am being challenged more right now to live that.

I know I am rambling a bit, but haven't blogged in a while and I'm spurting off, I'll probably write more later on being broken, we'll see..............

1 comment:

KJG said...

Hi mate, thanks for the comment, thought it was about time to get a blog up and running.. just tryin to get a happy medium between how much I tell of my life and how much to keep personal.. I Know what you mean about tryin to help people.. Even If you cant or you feel like the people arent legit or what have you, You can leave the stuation feeling quite empty and annoyed! dont beat yourself up about it though... Yeh, of course, add me on your site if you want. I have added you on mine. Have a great weekend. You can tell your boys I said hello if they remember me that is..