Thursday 4 October 2007

back to basics



Had a cell group a couple of weeks a go that really made an impact on me, and because I am finding things very busy at the moment and am feeling very tired and lethargic, I think it is important to remember the basics and focus in the right direction, which of course, is on God.

At my small group, we had communion, but before we did, we had a really good time of opening up and confessing to God. I really loved just asking God again to clean every part of me, to help me as I struggle with so many weaknesses, to be King in my life, every day in every way, and then as taking that bread and wine, remembering exactly what He has done for me. It all starts at that cross, whatever I am doing in my life, or wherever I'm going, saying or being, it has to start there.

I was just listening to a song by the Killers called 'all these things that I have done', good song, and I haven't forgotten that I am doing a series on music, just going to get back to that sometime, anyway , all these things that 'I' have done, are all made pure and right by one thing that Jesus did, so that is where my life goes forward from, the cross.

The next point I want to make is about the other basics and how important they are. This isn't some moan off, or list of things to be done or else, but the actions which build us up, make us stronger, they seriously help to protect, and help us to walk in Jesus, building that relationship, sharing our faith, being who we are meant to be.

I am talking about prayer, the word of God, worship and our daily walk in life, I will probably expand at a later date, but some good thought to be going on with.

No comments: