Thursday 4 October 2007

Money

Sometimes I worry about money. I actually worry about writing about money, it can be such a touchy subject. There are debates going in different places on whether christians should be rich, or poor, whether money is the root of all evil, well I just want to take it down to a personal level.



Now, as a family, probably like a lot of young families, we struggle with money, but actually I find the bigger problem I have with that, is worrying that we have no money. God always looks after me and my family, He is faithful, yet I worry, I really think that Satan enjoys us worrying, well the other day I woke up, and I thought about the little money we have, and realised it is God's. Not only is He creator of all, but I have given my life to Him. All of my life, all of my money, not just a tithe, I looked at the money in my wallet and said a prayer, God, what ever you want this money for, its yours.



I find great comfort in knowing my money belongs to God, but also challenged to do as I am told, if He wishes, to empty my wallet. I will have to do it. God is faithful. My brother Evan was talking about this to me the other day, and I felt really challenged to give more, we are His, everything we have is His, He told us not to worry, He is faithful. Good way to live if you ask me.

No comments: