Thursday 4 October 2007

splurge



I feel a bit inspired, I am writing a few posts now to add as the days go on, so that i can keep up to date. I enjoy writing these posts, and also I find when I am blogging I end up whizzing around looking at other peoples blogs, getting inspired, challenged, angry.


Lethargy is such a big weapon of the devils, it is so easy not to do. I have a stressful job, I have a young family, a baby, a house. All the stresses of finances, kids at school, cars to run.


What I notice is, when I feel lazy and lethargic, is what I do have time to do. Check my emails, check out youtube, the news, the sport. Watch utter crap on tv, because its on, because its the evening now and thats what people do in the evening. Go shopping is something I do constantly, I go to buy one thing, wander about checking out every special offer and reduced item in the supermarket and coming back with lots of things that will not get used, feeling I have done a great job, and explaining to Tanya how much money I have saved. I always have time to sleep more and Tanya deals with mornings so well ( patience of a saint) I'm moody in the mornings so it is easier if I stay in bed.


This is not a guilt trip, but it is a challenge. I have time, I could do more, I should do more. So I am going to splurge a bit with blogging, while I can, I am going to give this some time. There are other things I need to give more time. I'm going to work on them as well.

2 comments:

KJG said...

Hi mate, Thanks for the comment, Yeh I think just speaking my mind is therapeutic and also maybe will help others and inspire them to get on with life! Im finding life blinking hard at the moment and am struggling to cope with some day to day things.. I really enjoyed Tanya's post yesterday.. I cud relate to it well.. Sometimes you feel like 'F it!' just forgettin bout all this christianity and worry bout after life wen it happens.. but that does scare me a bit! I know there is a greater good in life and keep prayin that life gets easier. Have a great weekend John!

The Wee Italian Chick said...

Yap - I am there with you! Blogging is becoming some sort of "full time job" on the top of all the things we already gotta do! I have had to go through a similar transition: I will only blog when I really feel I wanna say something rather than feeling obliged to do so!! Thanks for your comment - you are always so unashamed of being honest, humble, exposed - I think they are great Christian qualities that God admires loads. Keep up the good work and see you soon in the blogsphere, buddy!