Thursday 4 October 2007

Rhythm




Interesting word rhythm, interesting spelling, interesting sound. Just a little thought about getting into Gods rhythm.




I suppose I am talking about prayer, of being constant in communication, of the constant thought in what I do, or what i say to anyone else. It can be so easy to ignore God. It can be so easy to put God aside for certain times of the day or week. I pray first thing in the morning, then I'll see you tomorrow God, that was a great bit of worshipping, see you next Sunday. Read my bible today job done, etc....


I think my point is that prayer is conversation and relationship, so God is with me always, so i should be discussing, listening, feeling Him as much as I can. In every conversation, decision and action, there should be God, and part of that too, is worshipping, knowing that God is with me, knowing He is in everything and will never leave me, and acknowledging Him and His greatness.


Lastly, I know you cannot walk about reading the bible constantly, but what is read needs to be put into practice, or meditated on, or prayed about, its all about listening to Gods rhythm.

1 comment:

Tanya Heasley said...

We may not be able to read the bible whilst walking, but I'm sure we could listen to someone else read it on an ipod???

For me, to listen to someone read the bible, their voice would have to be someone like Brian...or actually, you!

hmmm, we should record you reading the bible then download it, that way we can know God's word whilst working, cleaning, walking etc.