Wednesday 17 October 2007

Persecution

Had a really good youth alpha group last night, fantastic, loved it. I prayed that I would feel better, ( since I have been sick, if you have been keeping up) this morning, I felt great, I was surprised.
Did I think that prayer does not work, did I not expect it to work, am I just better, because I'm not ill anymore. God works, He's good, He answers prayer. Remember it. Thanks God.

Not actually what I wanted to write, just a sort of update.
Persecution. I just worry that sometimes we are to ready to do as we are told by the world, we make excuses for the world , we want to abide by the law of the land , because it is right, but what about if it affects us doing God's work. I am not talking about unfair taxes, or the no smoking ban, or speeding tickets, or many other perceived unfair laws, that I and other christians may break from time to time, or don't agree with, especially speed limits.

I am talking about the pc laws, the laws which tell us we have to insure, protect, be careful, about reaching out to the world.

Are we ready to be persecuted, as a person, as a church, are we ready to do what is right, before God, in spite of the law, or insurance companies, or organisations that do not agree with us, or other religions.

Do we want to pander to others, do we dilute ourselves, are we, by trying to do right, in the eyes of the world, not following Jesus, not living as he would wish, not being open, when we should be, not giving when we have, because of regulations. Are we ready to break the rules, and as it says biblically, stand before the courts and say why.

No comments: