Tuesday 29 January 2008

Good Samaritan

I was a bit frustrated when I wrote my last post. I prayed about it, I really tried to wait on God. I really felt 2 things from doing that and I shared that with my church on Sunday.

The first thing was the good samaritan, I really have problems with what stops us helping others, this parable is a huge example of how we should help, who we should help AND what stops us from helping. We take on the fears of the world, like the priest and the levite, we are looking for robbers and we are scared of getting dirty. We are part of a family, we belong to God, how many times do we put the world into our arguments for not doing something, for not helping, for not talking. Do as we are commanded to do, help.

The second thing, is the same thing really, but it is about the word 'but'. I believe in Hebrew, ( I may have said this before, and the good samaritan bit) the word 'but' wipes away all that was said before. How many times do we, I know I do, say I'd love to do that 'but', I could help there 'but,' I should do that 'but'. What are you saying. You are saying I am not going to do that, once more putting obstacles in the way of doing what we are called to do.

In other words, lets get dirty, no buts.

No comments: