Monday 30 November 2009

Back in the Saddle

I have been a bit lax in my blogging, but I have a bit on, I don't know how I ever managed to get anything done when I had a job before, now with just moving, Christmas coming up and the new job, there is a lot to do. I am not complaining, it is just where I am at and it is good.

I have been back at work for 2 weks now, which has been sureal and very interesting to see where the company is at and where people are at. I left this company nearly 2 years ago and I was very frank about some issues with the company when I left, so it was good for me to swallow some pride walking back in the door. I am enjoying it at the moment and the timing is brilliant, God is very good like that. The driving has been ok, although I have struggled to get back into a rhythm of prayer, something which I took for granted I would be able to do. It was my driving and talking to God that led me back into relationship with Him, I have had and will continue to try to get back into that rhythm of natural conversation with someone who is that close. Does this mean I am not as close to God as I was before, I don't think so, I just think the nature of our relationship is different and this is a challenge to be closer still.
Tanya and I, with moving and baby and new job and stuff have not been praying together very much. All the things I have just mentioned there are an excuse, it is up to us to put God first, we are doing a little DVD course which is helping us get back to where we were. Consistency is important. Pray and read your bible, the rest is secondary.

No comments: