Monday 21 March 2011

Issues

Everyone seems to have issues, the carrying of baggage, for a lifetime, or just the simple sulk for a little while. It seems so easy to pick things up and not put them down again, I was reading something recently, which really struck at the core of why so many issues, arguments and moods happen.

An awful lot of things are down to expectations and desires and when the expectation or desire is not met, or not met in the way we wanted it, we have can, worms, everywhere.

So many things in my life, so many pieces of pain, arguments and frustrations, have happened due to these reasons, generally, I did not get my own way.

It is so easy to talk about 'my' rights and what 'I' deserve and it happens to often that there is a motive in conversations or arguments, to be justified, to be right, to get what I deserve or what I want.

If I got what I deserved, I would be in serious trouble, in general, there is too much of my desire and what I want, caught up in how I express myself, it is not what I am called to be.

Jesus asked me to deny myself, to lift up the cross daily and follow Him, that means, putting everything down when I pick that cross up.

No comments: