Thursday 22 February 2007

smoking......

I decided to give up smoking for lent, well not just for lent , hopefully forever. I like smoking, but I'm looking at my health, a new baby, how much it costs and how much control it has on my life and trying to break that bond. I think that is when I know I should be giving up, I'm addicted, right now I'm moody, snappy and I want a cigarette. I don't want 2 masters!!!! So it is important that I break through the addictive side of smoking. I have to say that right now, I am not a nice person to be round, I hope people round me have some patience, if anyone reads this , pray for me, its not easy, ta. I think it is also important not to put ourselves as christians under too much pressure. Jesus set me free, I don't want to be running round trying to find new chains. On the other hand , he challenges me because he is in me, so I am looking at my life to see if I can change. I will always be challenged, because I am not perfect, but i will not be bound by shame and guilt, because that is what Jesus took away.

No comments: