Monday 23 April 2007

truth

I'm going now to go the opposite way to my previous post. I think there are people with power who need to be careful about what they say and do, we all do.
Example;
I was speaking to my non christian mother in law yesterday, she was asking me what christians feel about spiritualists. I know she believes in spirits and guides, especially since the death of her father, and she takes comfort from this. I feel that spiritualism delivers false hope and detracts from focusing on God and his voice, instead listening to I do not know what. I did not start preaching at her, condemning her, neither did I condone spiritualism. just listened, explained, non-judgemental, chat

I am not here to condemn, just guide simply towards the truth.

To make an example of non judgemental attitudes, I tried explaining how relaxed yet biblically true, my church is.

Unfortunately, she could not accept the nonconformist movement at all, and started calling my church, a 'mickey mouse ' church.

I then got louder and more argumentative, not letting anyone else speak, and spouting off about biblical truth.

2 points.
1; Did I further Gods kingdom by the way I was talking at first, or second. Did I become a hypocrite. If I am shouting someone down, am I going to reach them with the Good news of Jesus, how would Jesus have acted or spoke?
but,
2;Some people want to know that man is not judging them, that Jesus is there to welcome them with open arms when they submit their lives and will to him, but then they want him back in the box, or pew.

I will try not to move from the biblical truths I know, I will try to be an example of his Love.

Accepting Jesus is about Him invading your being, setting you free, giving you the desire to set others free to the glory of His name.

There is no box, I will screw up, there is only one truth, stick to it.

1 comment:

Tanya Heasley said...

Being true to yourself is liberating, don't you think?

As you know we are not perfect and we can be opinionated at times, besides, if we weren't human and didn't constantly make mistakes Jesus' death would have no purpose and I for one love the fact that I'm a screw up because Jesus still loves and forgives me and died so that I can live.

I think God made you the way you are to spread the word and make a difference and I know that you can speak aggressively sometimes, but maybe for some people that's the way to get the message accross.

The pages of the bible are black and white so be true God, He made you, even if some people don't like your black and white view.