Thursday 12 April 2007

Driving again

I have a lot of anger when I drive, which seems to be born out of self righteous belief, that I am driving properly and other people aren't. Hypocrisy comes to mind.
One of the first things I think when someone tries queue jumping, or going on the inside lane when I am queueing in the outside lane is.... What right have you to do that????? What right!!!!
What right have any of us. So quick to judge, yet I want mercy, and then I'm in the outside lane and no one is in the inside, we are all overtaking no one and I get self righteous and drive down the inside of everyone to show them how to drive properly, getting angry with all these fools who can't drive. Hypocrite.
Just too much anger in an angry world, too fast , too much self , I am the great I am.
People too unwilling to say, I'm not perfect, I'm not going to judge you, not willing to give up what is bad because it feels good, not wanting to make an effort for the right life, because its easier to find something easier, for a while.
Its a narrow path. No one ever said it would be wide, or easy, but boy what a rush.
I know I got off of driving there, but this is a blog, my thoughts wherever they're going, sometimes it is just about putting a Christian life in a real context in a real world and Putting God first in it...................

1 comment:

Tanya Heasley said...

It's easy to put God first when we're surrounded by other Christians and not so easy to put Him first when we're surrounded by non-Christians. But in the real world (God's world) we shouldn't beat ourselves up when we behave like non-Christians (humans) or quick to judge others, because then we undermine Jesus' gift of forgiveness by not forgiving ourselves or others.
God is much bigger than any picture and so if we look at the bigger picture in life, it is then that we are able to put God first because He already is.
Christian or not, we are all human and constantly make mistakes but God still loves us.