Wednesday 4 April 2007

money

I have been reading some blogs on Christians and money, and I have even left a comment on my brothers blog, being a bit self righteous and I think if you read it, you might think, I have everything sorted with money and God. What a fool, this is such a big area, that people struggle with, that has so many questions and answers to go with it. I try, but personally i am crap with money, I want to be more generous, I want to have more money. I want to be free of money, WHOOOAAA. See what I mean. I feel called away from a normal life, sometimes I feel it is so I can turn my back on the financial society I live in. That is the problem. The financial society, telling us what we need or what our children need, and they need it now.
There is a book called God Chasers by a guy called Tommy Tenney, in it, if I remember correctly, he talks about his Dad standing up at a meeting in which there was a visiting peacher from Ethiopia, and asking everyone to pray for the preacher in his poverty, the visiting preacher interupted, and asked if he could pray for everyone there, in their prosperity.
Seek God first.

No comments: