Tuesday 18 December 2007

Driving Again


I have said it before I know, but I drive a lot, and hence ( cool word) I find myself using driving analogies quite often.
Well here goes;
I think that the way I drive and my reaction to others driving is a great example of how to live and how not to judge and condemn.
For example, if a driver is breaking the speed limit, or driving like an idiot, I can do nothing about it, I can drive the way I am meant to, but it is up to the authorities to inform, stop and prosecute those who drive dangerously, not for me, as I have done, rant and rage at the bad driver. The same in life, it is not for me to highlight what others are doing wrong, that is God's job. My job is to lead my life the best I can, and like driving, I will make mistakes, I hope others are as gracious on the road as God is to me in life.
Lastly, a bumper sticker I read, on a website,
If God is your co-pilot, move over.

1 comment:

Kingdom Shifts said...

Thanks for dropping by our blog recently and sharing with us in our joy of Simone's birth.

Regarding your posting, I agree that driving does allow for great writing/speaking illustrations. Interestingly I had my driving license taken away from me in 2004 due to a degenerative eye condition that caused me to be a danger to the welfare of others. Although my eyes had progressively gotten worse over the years, it wasn't until my license was taken away that it hit me like a ton of bricks. Needless to say, it was a shock to my system. Now I was COMPLETELY dependant upon OTHERS to do for me what I could once do. It was humbling and it still is to this day as I am often having to ask others for a ride to places. Yet I know the Lord is using it for His glory as I am being conformed to the image of Christ.

Sorry for the ramblings, but your title and example made me think of my own situation.

Blessings,

Brian Francis Hume