Thursday 13 December 2007

Ranting mice

I have mice in my office, I am sitting here tapping my feet, so they know I am here and stay away, they are a nuisance, not scary, I just don't want them running over me as I work. I just feel like a bit of a rant, letting off steam, I have mice in my office, there is freezing fog outside, I am ok. I don't know where I am going with this post but I really wanted to write, so lets see................

I was listening on the radio the other day that there are going to be fuel protests this weekend because of the high price of fuel, but the protests cannot be like they were before because of laws now restricting the right to protest. I then listened to a debate on prisoners held in Gauntamano Bay, without trial, without charge, without rights. I read on the internet about a young man, a footballer for Watford, who was trafficked here as a child, running from the war and strife in Sierra leone, no family, abused as he entered this country, making something of himself, now he is to be deported back.

There are freedoms now, within these so called free countries that are being eroded, sneaked in, accepted. Freedom taken away in the name of protection. Scary.

How do I challenge these issues. I have to live a life of freedom, show that freedom, declare that freedom. Freedom can only come from one place. I am set free through Jesus, He has set me free. It was not that long ago, that I was bound by this world, I face challenges every day now, but if I look back to my life before, I see the victories, I see the fullness of my life now, even when I am tired and down and the world looks a dark place, I know where I have come from and where I am now. The world is a dark place, as I ranted above, but I know freedom, and now I can share and live in that and try to influence freedom being declared throughout the world.

There will always be challenges and injustice, I was once again listening to the radio the other day ( I drive alot), there was a preacher on, he was explaining that when you become a Christian, you don't become a millionaire, your family does not suddenly become perfect, you are not immune from disease, or accidents or failures, the guys in the bible went through all sorts of hardships, they had it tough, all the disciples except John had horrible deaths, John was exiled, but they were free, free in Jesus, He got them through, and they lived the life He wanted them to, showing and spreading His love. Be free.

1 comment:

Kingdom Shifts said...

Are you allowed to have cats in your office?