Sunday 9 December 2007

helter skelter

I like U2, I remember when I was younger my brother Evan had the Rattle and Hum video, U2 live, absolutely great, one of my favourite songs on the video, was not actually theirs, which they state quite clearly, was Helter Skelter, originally by the Beatles, a song gaining noteriety due to its use by the Manson clan, I am getting away from the point again, the first six lines are great, a wonderful expression of life:

When I get to the bottom
I go back to the top
Where I stop and turn
And I go for a ride
Till I get to the bottom and I see you again
Yeah, yeah, yeah.

Sometimes I'm at a low, sometimes I feel on top of the world, sometimes I go and do things my way, sometimes I get confused and lost, but there is Jesus, yeah, yeah, yeah, and off we go again.

A small analogy, I liked it, enjoy.

The beatles original can be watched on the adjacent page.

No comments: