Wednesday 29 April 2009

Consistent Freedom

I am continuing to feel a sense of freedom over my life, a real joie de vivre about all sorts of things, a consistency in what I am doing, although I am still not sure what I am doing, God is nudging and guiding, opening and shutting doors, it is like walking in a maze with someone who knows the way, keeping me away from the dead ends and saving me from getting lost, while I still can't see the way.

I believe the greatest reason for all that is happening with me now, is down to relationship. Relationship, relationship, relationship, is what I would say if I was a politician. There is so much baggage removed, so much freedom in just getting into relationship with God, that is what He desires, not sacrifice or offerings.

It is the reason for our creation and the reason for Jesus' death. Relationship.

And then we put so much in between it, I was reading a wonderful analogy yesterday of a husband buying flowers for his wife and then her going to get some money to pay for them, as a husband I would be offended if I gave someone I love so much a gift and they tried paying for it, al I would want would be for her to accept my gift, accept a symbol of my love, as part of our relationship. God has given us the ultimate gift and wants to give us so much more and we try to put conditions and structure to everything, God must be so offended.

The fact is, the more I know God, love Him and am in love with Him, the more I want to be like Him, to know Him more, to know His ways, His word, Him. That is when I pray more, read more, act more, out of love, from the relationship I have with Him.

There is more to unpack here, but I have run out of time, goodbye for now

No comments: