Friday 15 May 2009

Feel Like Singing

I feel like singing, nothing particulary brilliant happening right now in my life, probably the opposite in worldly terms actually, I am really feeling excited and when I am in this mood, I want to listen to good music, rock out and sing, I have been adding loads to my playlist, going well out there, with memories and sing alongs, it is amazing what music and singing evoke within us, what a gift.

Turaya, my daughter, is 2. Right now she loves to jump, she jumps first thing in the morning when she gets up, she jumps, with my help, down the stairs, if you are walking with her at the moment she jumps every couple of steps, she loves to jump. The biggest place she loves to jump though is in puddles, she seems to have a magnetic attraction to puddles, which means she gets wet. This morning I asked her not to jump in puddles, she told me very matter of factly " I jump in puddles."

Of course I will stop her from getting her own way all the time and stop her getting so wet, but I just laughed at this expression of who she is and how she feels, she jumps in puddles.

I suppose I just want to be free enough to say I am this and this is how I express myself, big full stop, and I suppose the big point is, I am that free and I can express myself, I don't really feel I have expressed myself very clearly here, it looks a bit random to me, but that is ok, I suppose a subtitle for this post is Random Expression. I get it.

No comments: