Thursday 7 May 2009

No Artificial Colourings or Preservatives

I had a bit of a word from God the other night on growing things organically, not in real terms, although I do like to grow things, I'm just not this year because we are not exactly very settled, but in terms of how we grow the visions and dreams we have for life and how we bring them into being, especially what we have from God.

I like to read RT Kendall, in one of his books he talks about using an acrostic for when he is making decisions about where or how to go in life, it is the word P.E.A.C.E, and it stands for Providence, Enemy, Authority, Confidence and Ease.

Providence is the the thing I am talking about here, how many times do we try to push a door open that God has shut or we naively bring our own desires into the equation, or we manipulate, innocently, situations to our own way, or we rush into something, because we have had a word, or because we have had a word, dream or vision, it has to mean now, at all costs. Or we see someone else and don't understand their situation and try to push how we think God would want them to act and grow, without asking God. In this way I believe we start to add artificial colourings and preservatives to Gods word, we try to genetically modify it, we try to give God a helping hand, who do we think we are?

God grows things in His time, adds what is needed and is sure of the outcome. When I don't see the full picture, I need reminding, God does.

No comments: