Wednesday 27 February 2008

answered prayer

I was going to look for something profound as an image for this post, but the above made me laugh, a lot.

The youth cafe on Friday nights, I have decided to change the name to 'the YC' , an experiment in whether I am still cool. ( No I know I'm not, but I got bored with calling it the youth cafe, YC is shorter and like the american program, 'the OC' )

I had a really good night on Friday, plenty of support and workers, I was able to just to spend some time with people. Without going into too much detail, these young people have all of societies ills, all I read or see in the media, I am now seeing and hearing about, its upsetting, I was really glad I could be there for some young people on Friday night.

One young girl, who was in a very bad way, I asked if I could pray for her, she said she prays, but God is ignoring her. I said, I am here now, listening, talking, being here for you, so God does answer prayer.

I really feel that being obedient to God, doing what He asks you to do, give a word, pray for someone, listen to someone, reach out to people, be there, give people time, by doing these things, God is using you, as an answer to prayer.

We are His hands and feet, when someone is crying out to God for help, God may want to use us as His answer, we must have the guts to be that answer, it can be something so simple and yet, it can make a huge difference, to someones faith, to someones life, to our own lives.

No comments: