Wednesday 20 February 2008

Blurred


I am aware myself that I can easily get distracted, in fact, I have been thinking for a while, that I am trying to run around doing a lot, and hoping I am not losing focus, I was even thinking myself that I am being quite like Martha in the bible, running around getting things ready, while not stopping and getting what is going on.
Today I read in Luke about Mary and Martha, I knew it was coming. Got to slow down and focus, actually I'm not actually that sure on the slow down bit. I do have to focus, make time, put God first in all things, take time for prayer and His word.
I can say that it is hard, with work and a young family and the youth at the church and this and that............ if God is not first, what is the point of all that.
The fact is, it easy to sit down at the end of the day and put my feet up in front of the telly, or go and write a blog or browse the internet, or read a book and there is nothing wrong with any of them, how about giving God the time first.
Sit down at the end of the day and talk things through with God, get to know Him more, know His word. Him first. then enjoy the other stuff, Him first.

No comments: