Monday 18 February 2008

Pride

I nearly changed my videos for the title of this post, to another U2 song.

The young man above, moodily posing with my wife, is our oldest son Morgan Victor Alexander Heasley. He is now bigger than his mum, he is 12 and like his name, he is going to be a big guy.

Morgan has had a rough time lately, with school and friends, he is a good lad with a big imagination, that sometimes overflows into real life and then people don't get him, and want him to grow up. He is only just 11. Why are we always in such a rush for our children to grow. People are all different, like God, they don't fit in boxes, why do we expect our children to all be the same, to learn the same, to grow the same. We don't, why should they.

The other day, Morgan went into town, to go to the library, get a hot chocolate ( which he loves) and a dvd. He came back with nothing. I asked him for my change, he told me he had had his hot chocolate, and was then talking to Matthew, the big issue seller. ( if you are not from the uk, these guys are usually homeless and jobless, instead of begging, they sell a magazine, called the big issue, they keep profits made), he has talked to Matthew before, usually with me, we know his situation. Morgan decided that this guy needed the money more then he did, so he gave it to him.

You may say, it was my money, it was, but he decided to try and help someone, with what was in his pocket right then. I am proud, as long as he has that heart for people, the other stuff, just is not important. As long as he cares and wants to reach out that hand, thats important.

Its more important to know God's ways than the world's ways.

2 comments:

bill heasley said...

tell Morgan well done

Tanya Heasley said...

He takes after me, (is that the wrong kind of pride?)

Seriously, we are blessed to have him. Thank God!