Wednesday 13 August 2008

IT IS EASY NOT TO

I keep on writing things this morning and missing out letters, I apologise for any mistakes I make, my brain does not seem to want to work, or I find I write the beginning of the word and the end but not the middle, very strange, battle on.

I had a great time of prayer this morning at the church, really felt like battle, one of the things that came up, was about making an effort.

I always notice that it is easy not to do anything, but takes effort to do something. It does not take any effort to sit in front of the tv, there are even remote controls and hundreds of channels just in case we get tempted to move. It takes more effort to eat healthily than to eat the same old crap, as I am finding at the moment, it is certainly easier not to exercise and to think of excuses why not to exercise. It is easier to lay in bed, instead of getting up early, even if, like me, you have no job at the moment and you don't know what you are going to do for the rest of the day. It is easier to ignore someone elses need and think someone else will do it, or you don't want to get involved, or you haven't got the time. It is easier to not have those conversations with family and friends, it is easier not to say the things that need said. It is easier not to stand up for what is right wherever and whatever we are doing, it is easy to keep quiet, when your faith is being derided. I could go on.

All of the above, I am guilty of, this is not a preach, it can be a rally call. It may be easy not to, but I was not called to the easy life, I was asked to pick up a cross and follow, it may be easy not to, but it is right to do. Respond, react, reach out, live.

Had to let that out, thanks.

No comments: