Tuesday 12 August 2008

prayer room





In our house we call this 'spare oom', the boys like to sleep in there sometimes, there is no tv, which is good, I don't use it enough. This was set up by me as a prayer room, a space in our home which if any of us wanted to spend time with God, there is a nice area to step into,which is away from the hustle and bustle of life, put on a cd, sleep, pray, be artistic and creative, well this room is just a place where we can just express ourselves with God. I find myself being very careful what I am writing, I am not setting up a shrine or temple, just an area of focus.
The prayers on the walls have been written mainly by the young people from church, it is great I can keep there stuff alive on my walls. When anyone stays this is where they stay, which has already had an impact, a young friend of ours was really touched by it all and another asked if he was meant to add something. I admit I am well pleased with the room, I hope it fulfills its purpose, I hope I use it more.
Just in case anyone gets inspired and wants some ideas, we have prayer slips, large bits of paper to draw or write on, there is a little stereo, loads of books and some bibles, some stones to write names on, pieces of scripture on the walls and scripture in a bowl with different descriptions of God and His nature on them, eg shepherd, redeemer..... and a spare oom.
I have just realised Tanya is going to be angry with me for taking the pictures, with the bed not made right, sorry.

No comments: