Thursday 28 August 2008

A Little Story

I have been away, had a great rest, at last, more on that another day. I just wanted to share a story with you, that I heard at a church I was visiting on Sunday.

One Sunday a tramp walked into a church, he was dirty, scruffy and stank, no one would sit near him, in fact at the end of the service, everyone complained to the pastor, and the pastor was forced to have a word.
He asked the man if he had enjoyed the service, the tramp had, he then asked him if he would be coming back, the tramp said he would be, the pastor then suggested to the tramp that he speaks to Jesus about about how to appear and be dressed appropriately at church. The tramp said He would.

The next week, in walks the tramp, dressed and smelling exactly the same, everyone shys away from him, no one sits near him and at the end of the service everyone complains to the pastor. Once again the pastor has to have a word.

The pastor asks the tramp " Did you speak to Jesus about how to dress and appear at church?"
"Yes I did." Said the tramp.
"Well, what did He say?" Asked the pastor.
" He said He doesn't know how I should dress, He has never been to your church."

Enough said. Hope I got the telling of it right. Thanks to Eddie.

No comments: