Tuesday 23 March 2010

Newspapers

Tanya and I gave a short interview last week to the local newspaper about the coming of street pastors to Diss, it was a very enjoyable experience, yet I was left wondering if I had said the right things and if was going to be misquoted, there are always stories of people's words being twisted around to say something completely different.

The article in the Diss Express was very good and balanced and obviously even though we had talked for quite a while with the reporter, there was only some choice quotes used. I am just pleased that it is out there, for others to respond to and for our town to know we are coming. The local police have now been in contact with me, things are moving forward.

On the back page of the other local newpaper, the Diss Mercury, was a great picture and article about the football team of which my son is captain, winning the league and a great match report, a very proud moment. Also very good for the family to be taking up the columns in the local news.

The Heasleys are taking over.

No comments: