Saturday 17 November 2012

Annie's Song

In about 1997 I went through a period of Monday night jamming with my best Paul, I say jamming, I don't play anything, Paul use to come round with his guitar and I would sing along, sometimes we would write stuff, sometimes we would do covers. It was a really good time, a couple of beers and a singalong.

One night Paul came round and we had heard that day that John Denver had died, so that night we decided to do John Denver covers in tribute to the man. Some absolutely fantastic songs. I love Country Road, but my favourite is the incredibly soppy Annie's Song.

That was a really good night and last night I was reminded of it when Annie's Song came on the radio and I started to sing along, in fact I found my self just speaking to God through the lyrics, of worshipping God in that Song, such great words, 'come fill me again', 'you fill up my senses', it is an amazing song of desire and pursuing, devotional, maybe even obsessional love.

I love it when I see God all over the place, I think it is an important thing to do, to search out, listen out and look out for God, it is a reminder of His closeness and greatness and seeing God everywhere is a reminder of the personal relationship I have with God.

No comments: