Sunday 11 November 2012

Temptation

Funny thing temptation, it can sneak right up on you nad can easily be about not doing as doing.

Things I want to be doing all involve making an effort, being organised, getting active. It is so much easier not to do, like not writing a blog, sitting here and having to think about what I am actually writing instead of just getting lost in another book or randomly browsing the internet. The reason I wanted to write a blog, involved having loads of thoughts and wanting to put them down somewhere, I still have the thoughts, but they just run around in my head and then end up getting lost.

I am not writing this blog to say I will now be writing more blogs, I just had something in my head I wanted to put down.

The other thing I find with temptation though is what is going round my head, is that God always provides a way out, an exit strategy, sometimes we don't see it, but it is definitly there. A good example is the internet, how many clicks does it take to go somewhere you don't want to be, it still involves clicking, there is the exit, don't click. Sometimes easier said than done, or how about the tv, something on which you really know is not doing you any good and there is a remote control, we don't even have to get up to change the channel, but the channel stays on, the way out is there. I know the places that if I went to it would be easy for me to get dragged down or into something I shouldn't, so it is best for me not to go there.

Always look for the way out, it is there, it just involves making making a choice and actually doing. I know there is more to that, more about breaking cycles and making hard decisions, but I just wanted to get that out of my head.

No comments: