Tuesday 10 July 2007

home



I'm going home in the morning, yeah.

For anyone who wants to know, I have to work away quite regularly, I stay down in Thurrock, which is where me and Tanya moved from, to where we are now, my wonderful home of Diss. Which is interesting, because I have spent the majority of my life in Thurrock, I can drive around with my eyes shut ( probably not the best of ideas ), my friends are there, my Dad is there, yet when I get back to Diss, it feels great. Not just the fact of coming home to Tanya and the children, and my niece, and my foreign students ( busy house, Tanya has a lot to do, especially on her own, what a woman, of course I know she is going to read this ), I love being in that town, it feels like home. I have great support, a brilliant church family, great friends and 2 of my brothers live here.

At some point I will have to leave Diss, I really pray, where I go then, will feel like home.

I am heartened by the time I now spend in Thurrock. I use to stay with a friend. I now stay at my Dads, and we have some great chats and get to spend time together ( I know my Dad reads this too), also the ELBR (see other posts ), I can go and pray, and the other week me and the family were able to go TCF at Corringham, and got a great welcome.

I really hope there is a bit of home everywhere, wherever we end up.

Anyway, I'm going home in the morning.

2 comments:

The Wee Italian Chick said...

Nice brown nosing session, John!!! Only messing - a joke apart I find it amazing how liberated one feels to express emotions you would probably keep quiet if it wasn't for the internet..always tell those you love how much and why you love them!

Tanya Heasley said...

Yeah John, you brown noser.