Thursday 26 July 2007

Theft

I have just caught this bloke doing something silly on my site. I believe he was stealing. I have confiscated what he had, and asked him to go away and prove that it is his, that's as much as I can say, I tried to be as sensitive as possible, but I know that tomorrow there will be loads of people jumping about trying to prove he has done wrong. It has thrown up some things in my mind.

Bear with me here, this has just happened, my thoughts really are raw.

I feel sorry for him, if he has done wrong, he will now lose his job, he will probably be prosecuted by the police, over something not worth a lot, he will have to face his family and friends, with this hanging over him, his family will suffer. He has so much to explain, and he will have to do it again and again.

I realise now I could not be a policeman, or a lawyer, or a judge, although I admire what they do and their jobs are so necessary, its the after effects I can't deal with, the why did they do it, what is going to happen to them now, what is going to happen to those close to them.

In a way, I think it is because I am aware I am stupid, and I do stupid things, but knowing that through all of that I have been forgiven. Yes by God, but also by my wife and friends, my crimes have never been punished too harshly, yet most of the time the world does not see them as crimes, I'm talking about the lies, yes the stealing and so much more, and then we are so ready to condemn those who have comitted illegal acts. He who is without sin and all that. I also know there will be guys tomorrow enjoying going through video footage, enjoying catching and punishing. That is not right.

I'm just going to give this to God, pray for that bloke, but I want to dwell on some of this theme a bit more, maybe I'll add more later.

1 comment:

Tanya Heasley said...

Great John, I loved that!