Thursday 26 July 2007

a good word


There has been a few talks lately in the church I attend about using scripture to break down strongholds within us. Like rereading a relevant piece of the Bible over a period of time, I suppose until it goes in. I am personally finding this really helpful, but I wasn't.


I don't know if I am explaining this properly ( it is late, I am at work), but I suppose the idea is, you are a person with anger issues ( like me), so you find a nice bit in the Bible about controlling your anger, and reading it over a few weeks, anger issue solved.


No, I think there is more to it than this.


I have to say, that when the people were speaking about this, there were was alot more to it than what I have just said. But ( my favourite word).


I feel that there is a word in the bible for you, for me personally, and that is important, sometimes we go off doing things to make us right within ourselves or with God, without God.


The most important thing is our relationship with Him, and it is only through that relationship, we start to move forward, through prayer, through contemplation and reading His word, through the life we lead with God.


I don't know if I am just talking personally, but it wasn't till I had a word that hit home for me, something that I could get my teeth into, wrestle with and walk with, that working through something with scripture really started to impact me. I have a personal reltionship with God, so the words are personal to me, impact me, change me and help to build and fortify that relationship and that walk.


I suppose its like hearing a good sermon/talk/teaching, and talking to others after, and finding that you all got something different from it. Something personal to you. God speaking to you.

Anyway, my bit of scripture 1 Corinthians chapter 13.

No comments: