Tuesday 3 July 2007

judging


Sometimes I have a real big problem with 'people', no one in particular, just people.
They get on my nerves, they get in my way, they annoy me, I have no patience for them, I judge them, I am wrong.
It really is a good job God isn't like me, we would probably all be gone by now, maybe a few people here and there who are just cool and put God in a good mood, but generally we would all be no more. God must have got like that before the whole flood business, fortunately Noah was obedient and had a relationship with God. Anyway.....
I was telling you I am wrong. Want some examples, here we go.....
Non disabled drivers in disabled parking spaces, I walk along checking for disabled stickers
Chavs........, one of the biggest reasons I judge them, for they're lack of independent thought, I am a snob, I hate Primark, full of people who cannot speak or dress properly, have no manners and no respect.
Snobs, those who look down on others, I tend to pick on, intimidate even, get them to think.
The middle classes who think they know what is best for everyone, without understanding a thing, wanting to ban everthing that does not fit into a box they do not have to fit into themselves. ( I really can't stand middle class communists, contradiction in terms).
Rude people, I am incredibly rude to rude people.
Unbelievably I could go on, I am wrong, I am a contradiction in terms. I am trying to change, I am stopping myself. You may even look at the list and say, no, you're right about such and such.
I am not.
Jesus said do not judge.
I have even read commentaries which say BUT, well Jesus did not say but, man did, jesus said do not judge or you too will be judged. Full stop.
Love, guide, understand, challenge. With the patience that Jesus has for my imperfection. I get it wrong and God does not lean down from Heaven, to bully, intimidate and remind me how bad I am. No.
He loves me, and because He is in me, I am challenged and guided to try harder and do better by a Saviour who understands because He has been here.
'people' need loved in the right direction, towards God, not judged away from He whose job it is to judge.

No comments: