Tuesday 18 March 2008

judgement



Seems to be a theme running through my day, something that I, my wife and a close friend have all experienced in different ways today. I will only talk about me.

Today in work, a lot of people were sitting around making some ridiculous comments about some people currently in the public eye, absolutely tearing these people apart, running them down with all sorts of names and judgements, based generally on the opinion of one newspaper, they backed up their judgements with more gossip from other media. I challenged them, and got involved in a good debate at work, as I quite often do, was challenged on judging myself and hopefully got people to think a bit more, or just slag me off as soon as my back was turned. Who knows?

I believe most judgement, and I am not talking the court type, I am talking about the judgements we all make every day, are based on ignorance, based generally on not knowing, or maybe not caring, or wanting to care, they are based on not knowing the full facts, and a lot of the time even knowing the people involved. I do it.

Last night driving home, the traffic on one of the roads was abysmal, all caused by one driver, stopping and starting, slowing up, he finally pulled over, everyone went past. I was fuming, he delayed me from getting home, he obviously should not be driving and plus he was a foreigner, and at that thought, the penny dropped...........he was lost in a foreign country, and what did I do to help, drove past glaring, until I realised what an idiot I am. What an oppurtunity missed, oh what a fool.

One of my favourite verses in the bible is John 3;17 ' But God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through Him.'

How quick we condemn and judge, its not our job.

No comments: