Friday 16 May 2008

It is raining outside

It is wet today, and I feel like writing. I think I said in my last post, how I have been feeling, ups and downs. Yesterday I was very frustrated, very moody, not fun to be around, walking about like there is a cloud hanging over me, in the evening, I picked up the bible and started to read. I suddenly realised, that there were things I was doing or wanted to do, that I had not prayed about, I hadn't talked to God about some things at all. I realised that I have read loads of my book on Cromwell, but when was the last time I gave the Bible that much time.

Today I feel great, nothing has changed. Or has it. Today, I got up early and went and prayed with a friend. I have committed time to God and His word. This is not some magic formula, just something that I am being challenged on, it comes down to the fact, how can you hear God, if you are not allowing Him to speak.

God is really challenging my outlook on everything at the moment. I have to say that when you start to question the society you live in, it is challenging, then planning to change the way you live, is exciting, then actually changing, is scary and uncomfortable.

What is a days work, how do you measure this when you are not at work?

Working in the home, have I undervalued housewives, just by asking this question?

School, tests, how necessary, why, is it just glorified babysitting, is it healthy for all?

Monday to Friday, a day of rest can be anywhere, why do I feel I am meant to be somewhere Monday morning ?

How do you tell people your problems, without sounding like you are begging for help?

When did TV become more important than doing, are we going to share our TV memories with our grandkids when we are older?

How do I do more, with what resources ?

How can I be more joyful, when the world is trying to depress me?

and finally, If you took a snaphot of my life at any time during the day, would Jesus be in it?

Just splurging, but these things are making me think, hope they help and don't hinder, I'm not preaching, I'm asking.

No comments: