Friday 23 May 2008

prayer



Hello, sorry to all those who pop in daily and have seen nothing new from me, I will blog more soon, I just have a lot going on right now.

I feel great, I have had some really good times with people and some good time with God. All the challenges are the same, it is important how I face them. I have struggled with this, but as worldy stuff starts banging at my door, I have been getting into a better place to smile when it is happening. This can still be hard, I have moments of fear.

I still have no job, but I may be offered one shortly and there is a wonderful and exciting prospect of going in to business with some of my inlaws and become an eco builder. Tanya is busy with her youth info and advice service, as well as trying to tackle street violence on facebook and blog form and also a hundred other ideas, which is good.

Finances are crap, I can't seeing us having the house much longer, all change again, we will be easier led with no house.

Tonight, and for 24 hours, I have arranged for the youth at our church to have a prayer event, we will be praying in 1 hour slots for 24 hours, except for a break at 4am to go and watch sunrise and have breakfast at a nearby beach. I am so excited, I just want these kids to get a touch of the Holy Spirit.

The Holy Spirit is so important in our lives, where He leads and what He does. It is so important to act. Sometimes that is uncomfortable for us, or uncomfortable for witnesses to the work of the Holy Spirit, it can be seriously uncool to speak in tongues, or be knocked over, or laugh, or bring a word, or prophesy. But it is right, we must not lose sight of that, when being seeker friendly has to come into contact with the supernatural reality of God, some people shy away, it scares them. But that spirit that raised Jesus from the dead, is in us, and has to be allowed to work and people have to accept that the God who created the world may do wonderful and seemingly strange things, but the fact is He created the world, you are in safe hands. I want some more.

No comments: