Tuesday 2 February 2010

Compassion

I wrote yesterdays post after we had friends round for dinner, I had a glass or two of wine, I had started writing earlier in the day and then when I went to turn the PC off, I noticed that I had not finished it, so I decided to, probably why I come across quite harsh, well, I will leave it there, I can look at it again to remind myself to think.

These things continue to remind me of my obvious imperfections, which is not me being all guilt bound, more like reminding me to have compassion. I was just putting petrol in the car, I was queueing to fill up the car, but the guy in front was taking forever to move, I was starting to get a bit annoyed and then he got out of his car and I thought, he hasn't even started to fill up, I'm gonna be here forever. Anyway he then proceeded to try to push his car off of the forecourt because it had broken down, of course I got out and helped but it was just one of my moments, when I am too busy judging, to actually see someone in need.

Yesterday evening I was not being very compassionate, very passionate, yes, but then I just end up, preachy and finger poking and not being very compassionate. Sorry.

.

No comments: