Saturday 2 June 2007

Apathy

I was in a group this week talking about strongholds and temptations, and we all decided one of the biggest temptations is to do nothing, or the minimum. Now everyone needs a break, everyone needs to relax, at the end of the day God tells us to rest, He created the sabbath, He wants us to rest, if we don't we can burn out, even when we're doing His work, we can push ourselves too hard. But ( Interesting word BUT, I have been told that in Hebrew it means forget what has been said before, I use it alot ) anyway, sometimes it is so easy to switch on that tv, and just do nothing, Big Brother, I'm a celebrity, daytime tv. Now I know it can be entertaining, I know that everyone at work tomorrow might be talking about it ( reminds me of a friend who hates football, but now watches it, so he can talk to the other guys at work), I know its easier to stick on the tv at the end of the day than actually have to think, or interact, read, learn more, write something on a blog. I have to make a point here, this is a blog, when I get all preachy, I am usually preaching at myself first, like my post the other day about mortgages, I have a huge one and am now challenged to get rid of it. This is the same, I need to turn the tv off more, get into the living bit more. But its so much easier said than done.

I have the internet at work in front of me all the time. I'm at work now, so its easy for me to do this, but its also easy for me to get stuck in internet world and forget I am working. More challenges.......

No comments: