Tuesday 25 November 2008

Consistency

One of my weaknesses I have become more aware as time has gone by, is my inconsistency, it is something I am desperate to change, not in a shameful, I feel so guilty sort of way, in the I am going to do something about this sort of way.

The biggest area of my inconsistency has been my parenting, I need to grow up, not stop having a laugh, being fun, but being more consistent in how I speak and the time I give my children. I have been a bit of a spoilt brat, looking for time for me on a lot of occasions, when I should have been putting my time into my children. I don't think I am a bad parent, I have just been at times, impatient, selfish and lazy. Must do better.

I also think this about my life in general. Following self, thinking about me and what I deserve, has been my downfall on so many occasions, and then no wonder why I have a temperament like a woman ( no offence ), but I can be very up and then very down. If there is no consistency and I can't get over myself, then there will always be a constant battle between my ego and my God.

It is God's way, not my way, I am getting there, in the happy way I need to, challenged, not shamed.

No comments: