Thursday 13 November 2008

TV

I watched some TV last night, some quite contrasting viewing. I was in with the kids, Tanya out helping one of her friends with something, so I got everyone settled and sat down to watch a documentary on Prince Charles. I am a bit of a royalist and I think the queen has been great, consistent and has set a great example, Charles can be so easily judged, so I am going to try not to. I saw a man last night of passion and drive, using who and what he is to try to help and make a difference, in a difficult position of having to always trying to remain unbiased and nonjudgemental. A similar position that christians are in and although I do not agree with his desire to be a defender of faiths, as I see it as a bit of a contradiction, and I don't really know where he is spiritually, I was a bit inspired last night, what can be done if we do not rest, we dream, and get out there and see what is going on.

The contrast in viewing happened when I flicked over to see on channel 4 what is being done in the name of Jesus in Nigeria. Young children being denounced as witches and wizards by christian pastors, of scared families dumping, torturing or murdering their children because of these lies. I cry to see children being hurt in this way and after getting very angry, all I can say is that Jesus said anyone who causes one of these young to stumble, would be better to go and tie a millstone around their neck and jump in the sea. These pastors are relying on superstition, they, on many occasions claim they can help, but charge huge fees, I just get so frustrated even writing this down, I will name ' liberty foundation gospel ministries' as one of the perpetrators of this practice, how can they use the words gospel and liberty in their name, I do not know. I have to hold back, because I am aware that God can defend Himself, I just get so upset by the evil done in His name and the damage it does.

I then watched Heroes, it is the programme, that Tanya and I watch together, and she made it home in time, I am also speaking on heroes next month, hope its good.

My night of TV done for the week.

No comments: