Monday 24 November 2008

Some Questions

I feel great, excited and up for it, I just don't know what IT is???

I have had a great weekend, the YC had nearly 80 people on Friday night, exciting times. Tanya went to see her mum with the kids on Saturday, which means I got to watch uninterupted sport and read, very peaceful, lazy day, which I enjoyed thoroughly, then there was the snow.

Sunday is the best day for snow, more people can enjoy it rather than having to work in it, as I walked to church on Sunday, I was amazed by it, thinking of God sitting somewhere getting excited all over again about His creation.

I also did the Youth church on Sunday morning, on faith and works and loved it, I am going to do it more often and Sunday night was a continuing theme of alternative worship, which was really great.

So after that update, here are some questions that are running through my head.

How do you advertise intimacy? ( You want to be closer to people, but they don't know it)

Should we be looking at more space or less, or does more space give people places to hide?

Should mission be under one banner, does different activities spread a church thin, rather than a smaller group supported in being committed to mission in general?

Is there enough prayer? Is prayer a reflection of our desire for chasing after what God wants, is a lack of it an indication of where our priorities are?

How much am I ready for my life to be seriously interupted?

How does a young family become missional on its own?

Do we all need to take some white paint to our whole lives and start again, I mean really start again, different meal times and practices, throw out the TV, anything which is a routine, or a norm, change????

Church?

No comments: