Wednesday 26 November 2008

Prayer Again

When I get up in the morning, I try to get up early and pray, but I am not a great morning person and can get easily distracted and my brain starts wandering off into all sorts of places. One of the things I try to do, if I am not really getting anywhere, other than deciding what will be for dinner, is to go back to the most basic way of prayer I know, the Lord's prayer.

What amazes me is how it covers so much. Yesterday, for instance, as I was saying, parenting is on my mind, and the first line of that prayer is ' My Father..', it makes me realise so much.

It then goes on, 'Holy be your name'- where am I using the name of Jesus, am I misusing it, am I bringing into everything, everychance, every conversation

' Your will be done..'- Am I being the hands and feet of Jesus, am I sharing His love, His ways to this world?

'Give us our daily bread'- Provide me with what I NEED.

'Forgive us.......'- I know I am a sinner, help me to show the mercy shown to me, to everyone else.

' Lead us not into..' -I am weak, I have an enemy, help.

' Yours is the power...' - It is all about you God, you are first.

I know it is simple, but it continues to help me, to know I can just go back to that and then I am able in my thought and speech to focus and say what I want to God.

To the anonymous commentor on self harm, I really hope you don't go back there, break the cycle, people do care, sounds easy just to say, I'm praying for you. Keep talking, one of the biggest problems is always the silence and taboo, break it. Never sounds enough, a few words on a blog, but there are others out there, shouting ' ME TOO' You aren't alone.

No comments: