Thursday 20 November 2008

Joy


I can very easily start to take myself far too seriously, as I said yesterday, I'll soon jump on a bandwagon and start ranting, in fact I am very good at ranting and do it quite often. I then get caught up in something too much and lose my joy.

One of my favourite psalms is psalm 51, David writes asking God to restore the joy of his salvation.

I, in petty arguments, taking things far too seriously, worries and everyday life, sometimes ( probably a lot more than sometimes) forget the joy of my salvation.

I am saved, I will screw up again, I am saved, there will be more worries, I am saved, I have a life now like I have never had before, I am saved, I will not always agree with others, I am saved.

Not only should I hold on to that joy to remember who, how and what I am, but also to show the the rest of the world, who and how and what I am. Saved and joyful.

No comments: