Wednesday 29 August 2007

windscreen wipers

Last Wednesday, on my way home from work, my windscreen wipers stopped working, quite a big problem in the rain I was driving in, they just gave up. I was doing a social with the lads from my group that night and dropped the guy who was helping me off afterwards, and i could hardly see where I was going. I had a go at fixing them Friday, was back at work Saturday and Sunday, went from work to my mother in laws for a few days, came home Tuesday, kept trying these windscreen wipers to no avail. Haven't got time or money for these wipers, so am at a loss. Anyway going to work Tuesday afternoon, I see the rain clouds coming, and I start to pray, please God, help it not to rain on me. It starts to rain. So I said very simply to God, 'Well you can at least make the windscreen wipers work' and I tried them, and they worked.

I am sure there are those that have a practical solution to this, well so do I, God fixed my windscreen wipers, and I phoned Tanya straight away, to tell her just that.

For me, this is one of those wonderful demonstrations of God's love, He created everything, everything, He knows all, He can do anything and is in charge of all things, He still wants to fix my windscreen wipers.

God is so big, so infinitely bigger than what my mind can even start to imagine of Him, He has quite a bit on His plate.

I am small, not that clever, undeserving, silly, disobedient, lazy...............

He cares about me, God loves me. He sent His Son for me, and even through all I am and do, He still loves me and cares that my windscreen wipers were not working, He fixed them for me and He continues to fix me, but thats gonna take a lifetime.

6 comments:

Globegirl said...

Yay Jesus! Isn't He just so good? It's always His intervention in the every day things that speaks the loudest of how deeply He loves us.

john heasley said...

Yay Jesus, it is a wonderful reality that He is with us Always.

askegg said...

Now, if he could just do something about those pesky earthquakes, volcanos, tsunamis, floods, parasites ,deadly diseases, famine, war, greed, and hatred.

Sure - he can fix your wipers, but the rest is in the too hard box.

Glenn Webber said...

It was probably an electrical short caused by water coming into contact with a corroded wire or loose connection. When the rain stopped, it allowed enough time for the area to dry, which is why the wipers worked at first the next time. Odds are they quit again, but that part was left out because it would have ruined the story.

I'm not here to shoot down your beliefs, since nobody knows (and probably will ever know) whether or not there actually is some superior force at work amongst us. So please don't speak about it as if it were factual. But I will recommend that you stop being lazy, do some regular maintenance on your vehicle, and quit waiting for someone else to fix your problems. Take responsibility for your own actions and possessions.

Oh, and thanks for contributing to the overpopulation of the planet. Ok, I'm sorry about that one, but seriously, we're going to pass the 10 billion line soon enough without racing towards it.

Anonymous said...

This does not prove the existence of a god, just your desire for there to be a god and your willingness to attribute that which you cannot explain to the existence of a god.

john heasley said...

hehe, interesting, me just sharing something I feel on my blog can cause some real controversy with some people. The wipers did break again, but right at that moment, I felt God helping me, I can't tell you what to believe, I am only sharing what I do believe, which is not based on windscreen wiper fixing, just as my blog title says, comments on my life and journey, this is me sharing my journey, which I will do as fact, or there is no point in belief, in fact I am always surprised at the level of belief of those who don't believe there is a God. I do not go around other blogs and shouting them down for their beliefs, I share mine, that is all I am doing, but I am here to be asked if anyone has a question. There is a lot of pain in a painful world and I know that 'religion' has sometimes scarred and hurt people, all I can do is follow Jesus, not condemn, not judge, try to help and be where He would be, while not getting caught up in religiosity. Thanks for reading and thanks for sharing. By the way this country needs people to have more kids, so the elderly can be supported by someone.