Friday 5 September 2008

The Fifth Element

I am a bit of a film a buff, I love movies, maybe it is escapism, imagination or story telling, but I love a good movie, I am a fan of a film no matter what language it is in, there are some wonderful films out there from all over the world, notably, France, South Korea and Russia at the moment are really producing some great films, although France always has. I am not going to get all arty, I just want to explain why many of my analogies come in film form due to the fact that is what I like to watch and I think it is cool to watch or do anything and see God in it.

Well I was reading Isaiah the other day and Isaiah was talking about about Gods coming anger, how God is going to unleash all this pain and suffering on those who have ignored and turned from Him. I suddenly thought of the film the Fifth Element and this dark thing travelling across the universe to destroy earth, and God is not dark but light, but His anger burnt against His people and His anger, righteous anger was and is coming. But in the film, if you have seen it, this perfect being was sent, and stood in front of the world as a defence against this coming darkness, and this being, ( Milla Jokavich ) only worked when she knew love.

Jesus was and is the perfect being and stands between God and us, covering all the rubbish, allowing God to have a relationship with us, allowing us to feel and know the love of God, and all he asks for is love.

No comments: