Wednesday 3 September 2008

Walk the Line

I belatedly watched the Johnny Cash biopic, 'Walk The Line' the other day, good film, I thoroughly enjoyed it. I was even more interested to learn after, even though it is sort of suggested in the movie, that Johnny had a real conversion and followed Jesus, doing loads of evangelistic work and co producing some christian movies. I am glad that you can see a person go into a pit, get real lost and broken and yet there is Jesus standing there ready to pick you up. I have included two pieces of dialogue from the film in this blog, the first piece is Johnny getting to the bottom, realising what he has done in his life, talking to June Carter, later to become June Carter Cash.
The second piece is a great challenge, Johnny talking about playing at Fulsom Prison.

But I done so many bad things.
( June)You done a few.
That's true.
My daddy's right. Should have been me on that saw. Jack was so good. He would have done so many good things.
What have I done?.
Just hurt everybody I know.
I know I've hurt you.
I'm nothing.
(June)You're not nothing. You are not nothing. You're a good man.
And God has given yo a second chanceto make things right, John.


Your fans are church folk, Johnny.
Christians.
They don't wantto hear you singing
to a bunch of murderers and rapists...
trying to cheer them up.

( Johnny) Well, they're not Christians, then.

No comments: